When it comes to making the most of your commercial space, flooring is critical in giving your customers and clients a welcoming experience. While many businesses choose a laminate or tile flooring, hardwood should not be discounted as a great option, depending on your needs. If you are considering using hardwood in your commercial facility, here’s some important information you’ll want to know.
Hardwood flooring has several benefits for commercial spaces. The sleek appearance of hardwood is both elegant and timeless and offers a warm and welcoming ambiance. They’re also quite versatile. Additionally, hardwood flooring is quite durable, making it great for spaces with heavy foot traffic. With regular maintenance, a hardwood floor should last a long, long time.
What to Consider
When you are choosing hardwood for your commercial flooring, you’ll want to consider a few factors:
- Appearance: While any new hardwood floor will look fantastic once installed, you’ll want to pay attention to the nuance of each wood to create the environment you’re going for. Some woods are warm in tone, others cool or neutral. Some woods have a more visible grain, and others will be much smoother looking. It all depends on what you like for your facility.
- Durability: While hardwoods are some of the most durable floorings you can find, there is some variance in hardness between specific wood. If you are looking for hardwood flooring in a place with heavy foot traffic or lots of furniture, you’ll want to look for the hardest wood you can. If the flooring is for a less-used space, like a conference room, you can prioritize design over durability.
- Comfort: If customers are walking on the hardwood floors for a while, you’ll want to make sure they are as comfortable as possible. You might have to make exceptions in durability to keep your customers in your facility longer.
The Best Hardwoods
There are lots of different varieties of hardwood flooring that might be suitable for your needs. Here are the best choices for commercial facilities.
- Hickory: This wood is widely known as the hardest and most durable wood flooring option available in North America. It has a warm brown tone with red undertones. It’s strong knot patterns add interest and make it perfect in high-traffic reception and lobby areas.
- Red Oak: It’s another easy-to-find wood that is standard in hardwood flooring. It has a versatile appearance and comes in shades of muted pink to rich orangey-brown, making this a perfect choice for a style-forward commercial space.
- Walnut: This deep brown wood features a cool tone with straight grain patterns. Ranging from lighter chocolate hues to richer shades of espresso, this is the ultimate in sleek and elegant hardwood flooring. It’s perfect for commercial facilities that work with discerning clients looking for high quality.
- Maple: A more light-colored wood, maple hardwood floors offer a sense of cleanliness and professionalism. From eggshell to warm beige, maple provides a low-key yet chic flooring option.
Contact Central Mass Hardwood
Are you ready to get new hardwood flooring in your commercial facility but aren’t sure where to start? Contact the pros at Central Mass Hardwood for expert hardwood floor installation and refinishing in any setting. Fill out an online form or give us a call at (508) 460-0199.